Baldwin Building
San Mateo, California

A renovation and addition to a two story commercial building, originally constructed as a social hall in the early 1900’s, but then badly neglected. The work consisted of gutting the existing structure, providing seismic strengthening and adding large new windows, new stucco siding and a wood cornice. An existing wing in the rear of the property was demolished and replaced. The historic lobby was completely refurbished, with the addition of new lighting and a stone tile floor. Wood structural members were cleaned, painted and left exposed in the new office space.

Baldwin Building

San Mateo, California

COMMERCIAL/OFFICE